Monday, February 4, 2008

Day One in America - 2 February 2008










I left for America from Birmingham international at 9:45am, on KLM to Amsterdam. Once in Amsterdam, it was relatively painless to get to my connection flight. I had a window seat for the American flight, all set with my iPod Nano, magazines, tissues (for my cold) and my camera...
As you can see, I look a little tired in this shot. Thanks to my colleagues for having a leaving 'do' the evening before!

Connecticut River










I arrive at Bradley International Airport, Hartford, and Sam meets me at the airport. There are tight security measures, and I have to give two fingerprints and a photo in order to get past border control. The airport is small and I pick up my Hertz hire car. As I am tired, Sam drives back.
I'm stopping in Cheshire, a beautiful colonial town; very quiet. Streets like the photo here:
Sam and Sharon's house








More pics of Connecticut:






2 comments:

Richard Booth said...

Glad you had a safe flight and sorted out your hire car!

Nichola Mannering said...

Very interested to read information about careers service -and other details of your trip. Enjoy!